Welcome to my professional portfolio.
I've created innovative and award-winning new media products since 1993, and written and edited under deadline in complex long- and short-form media genres. I’ve also taught graduate seminars on visual & written communication, blogging, journalism, creative & technical writing, interaction design, and usability.
The links on the right will take you to samples of my work in each of those areas.
- Proven web author, interaction designer, analyst, researcher, project and community manager, blog producer and marketer.
- 15 years experience as a New Media researcher, futurist, and published scholar, studying cybercultures, online communities, blogs, and VR.
- Able to visualize complex systems, conduct formal ethnographic and usability studies, and analyze social effects on audiences and markets.
- Award-winning teacher, trainer, workshop leader, and public speaker, applying innovative tools and approaches to computer-assisted learning since 1990.
- Published photographer, journalist, print designer, poet, fiction and literary non-fiction writer.
From 2001 to 2006 I returned to my first career, journalism, to watch history unfold at a company I’ve long admired: CNN. After the 2001 dot.com crash, I continued my research and web development work on my own time, building a substantial professional reputation in the Blogosphere and on individual consulting projects. I’m now back working as a full-time web consultant again, in New York City for Avenue A-Razorfish.
Please check out my online portfolio at www.serendipit-e.com/boeseportfolio .